18. This tour of some alligator-infested waters went very badly wrong
Fortunately everybody was ok in the end.
But those waters are teeming with alligators so it could have been a very different story altogether.
It’s funny that the experienced tour guides are freaking out way more than their clients.
19. Yes that is a man riding over Niagara Falls on a jet ski
This is Robert Overcracker, a professional stunt man who decided to drive a jet ski over the edge of Niagara Falls in 1995.
He was raising awareness for the homeless when he carried out the stunt.
However, his parachute failed to deploy and Overcracker went tumbling to his death.
20. Can you spot the disaster about to strike in this photograph?
This lady got more than she bargained for when she decided to cool off in this Australian spring water.
Check out what’s lurking beneath the surface. A crocodile!
Luckily she managed to avoid serious injury but still, we wouldn’t like to see that sitting next to us.
21. We cannot imagine how painful this was for the guy in question
One minute you’re showing off at the pool, the next minute you’re in A&E with bandages around your head.
That’s what happened to this guy who did a flip but didn’t exactly time it very well.
All we can say is: ouch.
22. Just looking at this photograph makes us feel dizzy
This guy decided to walk on cloud nine (literally) when he jumped out of an aeroplane and did some skydiving.
Fortunately disaster didn’t strike and his parachute was working.
Still though, we don’t know how he was mucking about that high up in the air.
23. This photographer captured the shocking moment a car crashed at a rally
This car is hurtling off the track and straight into some spectators.
Fortunately, nobody died but several people were injured in the aftermath.
Makes you feel lucky to have your health!
24. If you don’t know how to fire a gun then you might not understand the problem with this picture at first
This woman was snapped at a shooting range.
But we can tell she was a total beginner. Why?
She’s resting the scope on her eye just before her fingers are about to pull the trigger.
That’s going to have a lot of recoil…which will hit her straight in the eyeball.
25. This really isn’t how dodgeball is supposed to work
The rules are pretty much in the name of the game.
This girl’s friend managed to capture the moment she wished she had paid more attention in gym class.
We hope her glasses were ok, but it’s not looking good.
26. Every baseball fan dreams of catching a ball, but this guy managed to catch a baseball bat…with his face!
Ouch! He’s definitely going to remember that moment the next day.
This was the moment a baseball bat accidentally went flying into the crowd.
Everyone else managed to dodge out of the way but one guy wasn’t so lucky.
That looks painful.
27. Everybody remembers their sweet sixteenth party
These parents were wishing they could forget the moment they dropped their kid’s cake.
Fortunately one family member was on hand to capture the disastrous moment the cake falls out of mum’s hands.
Whoops! That probably ended in tears.
28. Luckily for this guy, basking sharks don’t post a threat to human beings
Yikes. Normally you wouldn’t want to be swimming right in front of the open mouth of a shark.
Luckily for this diver, that’s a basking shark, which only eats plankton – not human meat.
29. These passengers were travelling on the doomed MH17 flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur
Dave Hally took the photo above of his wife and 4-year-old daughter just before takeoff.
This was shortly before it was shot down over the Ukraine by Russia-led forces and killed everyone on board.
Gary Slok and his mother Petra also took a selfie onboard the flight before tragically crashing to their deaths.
30. This is one of the last photos taken before the Bataclan terrorist attack began
This photo shows Gilles Leclerc and Marianne Labanane happily enjoying a beer whilst waiting for Eagles of Death Metal to take to the stage.
Only a few moments later, four gunmen would storm into the back of the theatre and start shooting. 90 people died in the attack.
Gilles was killed, but Marianne survived.
31. In this photo you can clearly see a bear stalking through the woods
Darsh Patel took this photo of a black bear in West Milford, New Jersey. The bear killed him just moments after this image was snapped.
Patel was with a group of hikers who split up and fled as the bear made its approach.
Sadly Patel was attacked and killed by the animal.
32. This image depicts the final moments of Harambe, the gorilla who was shot to death in 2016
Everyone remembers the story of Harambe, who was killed after a child fell into his enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo in 2016.
A three-year-old boy climbed into Harambe’s enclosure and the gorilla proceeded to drag him around the pen.
A zoo keeper feared for the boy’s life and shot the gorilla – somebody managed to record a video of his final moments.
33. This is a shocking image of Nicholas Mevoli just after completing his last ‘free dive’
Mevoli attempted to dive a whopping 236ft into the deep and successfully managed to do so. He swam back to the surface and gave the Ok sign.
However, as he tried to speak, Mevoli passed out and never regained consciousness.
He died the same day from a pulmonary Edema.
34. At first glance this looks like an ordinary family snap taken at Niagara Falls
This couple decided to pose for an innocent photograph while on holiday at Niagara Falls. But can you see the girl in red in the background?
Her name is Ayano Tokumasu and she was a 20-year-old Japanese student visiting the tourist attraction.
Only a few seconds later, she lost her footing on the railings and fell into the waterfall to her death.
35. John F Kennedy’s assassination was one of the most shocking moments in US history
The President was visiting Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie when he was shot dead by Lee Harvey Oswald in the middle of Dealey Plaza.
Thousands of people had turned out for the event and there are plenty of photos showing JFK waving to the crowd just moments before he was killed.
The photo below also depicts the moments immediately after he has been shot.
36. This photograph shows the moment that World War One broke out
This photo is much more dramatic than it seems at first glance.
This is Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie just one hour before they were shot dead by Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip.
The event triggered World War One and the loss of millions of lives around Europe.
It’s amazing to think that they were laughing and smiling with members of the public not long before being murdered.
37. This photograph shows Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 182 as it plummets towards the ground
In 1978, the airliner crashed into a small Cessna 172 plane and set on fire before falling out of the sky.
All 135 passengers were killed, as well as 7 people who were on the ground when the flight hit.
The plane landed in a San Diego suburb, whilst the Cessna plane crashed nearby.
The debris caused damage to several houses and injured over 22 people.
38. The September 11th attacks were the worst terrorist incident to occur on US soil, resulting in the deaths of over 3,000 people
The image below shows the moment that United Airlines Flight 175 flew into the South Tower of the World Trade Center.
By this point in time, media coverage of the first attack on the North Tower was well underway – many people ended up watching the incident live on TV.
9/11 began a chain of events which saw US intervention in the Middle East.
39. This photograph was recovered from the wreck of Japan Airlines Flight 123
The domestic flight was carrying 520 passengers and crew when it suffered a rapid decompression over Japan and eventually crashed near Mount Osutaka.
Only four people survived the tragedy. This photo managed to survive the incident.
You can clearly see that oxygen masks have been deployed and an air hostess is attending to passengers.
40. Christopher McCandless managed to take one final photo of himself before his death
McCandless is the man whose life was immortalised in Into The Wild. He lived in an abandoned bus for more than 100 days.
He managed to take this self portrait before his body was eventually found by moose hunters in 1992.
His cause of death was officially ruled as starvation, although some people disagree with this decision.
41. Everybody knows the story of the infamous Titanic, but have you ever seen it afloat on the high seas?
This image is one of the last known photographs of the Titanic afloat on the water.
It sank on April 15th, 1912 after colliding with an iceberg.
The ship was carrying around 2,224 passengers and crew, but more than 1,500 people died in the incident.
42. This photograph depicts Pavel Kashin literally seconds from disaster
Kashin was a Parkour enthusiast from Kazakhstan. Here you can see him attempting to perform a back-flip onto the wall.
However, Pavel tragically lost his balance and fell to the ground below instead.
He died after plunging 16 storeys from the building in St Petersburg, Russia.
43. This is the last ever photo taken of Hollywood star James Dean before he died
James Dean had a love of fast cars which eventually led to his untimely death. Here you can see him posing with his brand new Porsche 550 Spyder.
However, Dean crashed it the same day and died. In fact, legend has it that the car was cursed.
After Dean’s death, the car was involved in several other fatal collisions before disappearing in the 1960s.
44. This is the moment that the Concorde caught fire and crashed
The supersonic passenger airliner Concorde met with a tragic end in the year 2000 when a flight from Paris to New York crashed, killing all 113 people onboard.
One of the engines caught fire shortly after take off and led the plane to crash into a nearby hotel.
This photographer managed to capture the moment that disaster struck.
45. This is the eerie photograph which shows Princess Diana in the final moments before her death
Diana, Princess of Wales can be seen in the back of the car with her head turned away from the camera.
Her bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones is on the left and her drive Henri Paul is on the right.
The paparazzi caught this moment just before the fatal crash which killed Diana on August 31st, 1997.
46. Paul Walker was a Hollywood actor with a need for speed
Paul Walker tragically passed away in 2013 in a horrific car accident which left him and a driver dead.
This photograph shows the actor getting into the car that crashed.
It’s a really eerie image which shows Walker in his final moments before death.
47. The man in this photograph is just about to shoot himself in the head
R. Budd Dwyer was a Republican member of the Pennsylvania Senate.
He acted as the Treasurer of Pennsylvania between 1981 and 1987.
However, he was accused of bribery and withholding taxes.
He shot himself during his televised trial – the event was watched by millions.
48. This looks a regular selfie of two friends driving around town
However, Collette Moreno (pictured left) couldn’t have known that she was about to die in a car crash only moments after the photo was taken.
She was on the way to her bachelorette party with friend and driver Ashley Theobald when they collided after Theobald tried to overtake a lorry which was giving off serious fumes.
Moreno tragically died of her injuries. Theobald survived and explained that she had been overtaking the lorry to stop Moreno from suffering an asthma attack when they collided with an oncoming vehicle.
49. This photograph shows two kids messing around with a bottle of fizzy cola
One of them is getting a really nice hair wash right about now!
Dad seems to find it funny anyway…
The other kid looks surprisingly calm considering his brother is getting a load of coke to the face.
50. And last but not least, has this ever happened to you at one point in time?
This girl is having a great time at the festival but suddenly she looks as though she’s about to get a drink in the face.
She’s definitely complete oblivious that the drink is travelling towards her!
Oh well, we’ve all been there.